- We are facing pressure to compromise: Sakshi Malik
- No break for Balakrishna in the coming year; actor busy with multiple projects
- Ravi Teja’s next flick title to be out soon; ‘Eagle’ is in consideration!
- Official: Arjun Das comes on board for ‘OG’
- Aha’s original project with Allu Arjun on board; here is the proof
- ‘Veera Simha Reddy’ 100 days function held in a grand way
- 2.60 crore people benefitted from PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana in Andhra: BJP President JP Nadda
- DMK has major role to play in opposition alliance: Udhayanidhi Stalin
- Odisha: Bharatanatyam guru dies on stage
- Andy Murray accepts wildcard for Nottingham Open
Afridi makes a stunning comeback
Shahid Afridi made one of the more remarkable comebacks in international cricket in leading Pakistan to a crushing 126-run victory over the West...
Shahid Afridi made one of the more remarkable comebacks in international cricket in leading Pakistan to a crushing 126-run victory over the West Indies in the first one-day international at the Guyana National Stadium. Trophy campaign, the mercurial all-rounder returned the best-ever ODI bowling figures by a Pakistani, and the second best overall, in snaring seven for 12 to rout the home side for just 98 off 41 overs after having top-scored with a typically swashbuckling 76 in the visitors' total of 224 for nine yesterday.
This match represented yet another stunning spike in the 17-year international career of Afridi whose ability to delight and entertain with his extravagant manner has often been overshadowed by an almost chronic failure to deliver at the most critical of times. While Misbah laboured towards yet another workmanlike half-century, occupying 121 deliveries.
Brief Scores: Pakistan 224 for nine ( Misbah-ul-Haq 52, Afridi 76, J Holder 4/13, D Bravo 2/52, KRoach 2/38) bt Windies 98 all out (Marlon Samuels 25, Darren Sammy 21, Shahid Afridi 7/12, Mohammad Irfan 2/17)