- Did life evolve more than once?
- Imphal: Amit Shah holds talks with Manipur civil society leaders
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 31st May 2023
- Time for regulatory norms to rein in AI
- Hyderabad: Centre’s delimitation exercise gross injustice to South, says K T Rama Rao
- Centre released Rs 55,000 cr funds to AP, claims BJP
- Vizianagaram: SITAM sings MoU with Cadeploy
- Guntur: Arrangements reviewed for CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy visit
- Hyderabad: Telangana Development Model - A Paradigm Shift
- Rajamahendravaram: Jobs to local youth through industrial development, says Collector Madhavi Latha
Divij-Purav win maiden ATP title
Bogota (PTI): The fast rising Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja clinched its first ever ATP tour level title with a hard-fought win over...
Bogota (PTI): The fast rising Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja clinched its first ever ATP tour level title with a hard-fought win over Edouard Roger-Vasselin and Igor Sijsling in the summit clash of the Claro Open, here on Sunday. The fourth seeded Indians defeated the second-seed French-Dutch combination 7-6(4)7-6(3) in the final of the $638,085 hard court event. Divij and Purav were playing their first ever ATP Tour level tournament together after grinding on the Challenger Tour for quite some time. The victory was worth 250 ranking points each and $35,000 for the two players. "It's out first ATP World Tour title. It is really Very special feeling. Hopefully we can build on from here," Divij said after the win. The victory speaks a lot as Sijsling had made finals at Australian Open and Vasselin had appeared in the Wimbledon semifinals. Divij and Raja were down 3-5 in the first set but came back to win the first set via tie breaker. The second set was too fought fiercely as while serving for match at 5-3 Divij's serve was broken and again the issue was settled in tie-breaker. The Indians won 73 points to 84 of their rivals but won more crucial points.