- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
Guru, Vindoo custody extended
A Mumbai court on Friday extended the police custody of the IPL spot-fixing scam accused Gurunath Meiyappan, Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh...
A Mumbai court on Friday extended the police custody of the IPL spot-fixing scam accused Gurunath Meiyappan, Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh Randhawa, bookie Prem Taneja and hawala operator Alpesh Patel, till June 3.A The police sought further custody of the four to enable them to unravel the nexus between the accused and some absconder bookies like Sanjay Jaipur, Pawan Jaipur and Jupiter, also wanted in the fixing case.
Additional Metropolitan Magistrate A A Khan granted the police plea, rejecting the defence lawyers' arguments that the offences under which the accused were booked were bailable, and they had already spent sufficient time in police custody. The police said that a team has been sent to Goa to bring bookie Paresh Bhatia, allegedly linked to some of the accused in the case.
In a related development, Chennai hotelier Vikram Agarwal appeared before the Mumbai police in response to a summons issued two days ago, and recorded his detailed statement.A Agarwal, who was allegedly running a betting a syndicate in Chennai, is said to be a link between Meiyappan and Vindoo, and also other Bollywood celebrities.