- Chandrababu participates in bike rally at Rajahmahendravaram, pays tribute to NTR
- 'Junior Babu' or 'Andhra Pappu': Nara Lokesh faces his political acid test
- YS Jagan participates in inauguration ceremony of new parliament, to meet Amit Shah tonight
- 'Mann Ki Baat': Arunachal, Bihar students share experiences with PM Modi
- The India House: Ram Charan Is All Set To Produce This Nikhil And Anupam Kher Starrer
- Actor Sharwanand Sustains Minor Injuries in Road Accident
- Delhi Police On Alert After Farmer Leaders Detained
- Pawan Kalyan pays tribute to NTR, says he is pride of Telugu people
- TDP Mahanadu: Second day meeting to start in a while, Naidu to release manifesto
- Complaint Filed Against Arvind Kejriwal, Kharge, And Others Political Leaders For Giving Remark On President Murmu's Caste
Heartbreak for SRH
Brad Hodge's onslaught resurrected the Rajasthan Royals run chase and gave them hope to pull off a victory over Sunrisers Hyderabad in their IPL...
Brad Hodge's onslaught resurrected the Rajasthan Royals run chase and gave them hope to pull off a victory over Sunrisers Hyderabad in their IPL Eliminator match at Feroz Shah Kotla in New Delhi. A Hodge blasted Karan Sharma for two sixes and one boundary in his over before smashing Amit Mishra over the fence in the next over to lead the Royals' fightback after they lost quick wickets early.
Hodge put up a 45-run partnership with Sanju Samson for the sixth wicket to keep the Rajasthan Royals in contention for a Qualifier spot. A The Royals lost the wickets of Shane Watson, Dishant Yagnik, Ajinkya Rahane and Stuart Binny in successive overs to dent their run chase of 133 runs.
The party started when Darren Sammy took a brilliant catch on the boundary off Karan Sharma's bowling to get rid of Watson. A Sammy scalped Yagnik in his first over. In the very next over, Amit Mishra rubbed more salt on the Royals' wounds by catching Rahane off his own bowling before Sammy clean bowled Binny (2) to leave the Royals reeling at 57/5 after 10 overs.
Rajasthan lost their first wicket when a leading edge off Ishant Sharma's good length delivery got Dravid (12) caught by Karan Sharma at point. A Earlier, Rajasthan Royals produced a disciplined bowling performance as they restricted Sunrisers Hyderabad to 132 for seven.
All the Royals bowlers did a splendid job as Sunrisers batsmen could never really force the pace during the entire 20 overs save West Indies skipper Darren Sammy (29, 3x6) striking a few lusty blows during the fag end of the innings.
Shikhar Dhawan was the other significant contributor although his innings was an uncharacteristic one by his standards as the slowness of the track did not help his cause either. Portly Himachal Pradesh medium pacer Malik was rewarded for his wicket-to-wicket bowling as he removed Parthiv Patel (1) and Hanuma Vihari (1) off successive overs.
Brief Score: SRH 132 for 7 (Cameron White 31, Shikhar Dhawan 33, Vikramjeet Malik 2/14) lost to Rajasthan Royals 135 for 6 (Brad Hodge 54no, Darren Sammy 2/27).