- Bonakal: Farming has become a festival in CM K Chandrasekhar Rao regime says MP Nama Nageswara Rao
- 4th National Open Surfing challenge: TN lads walk away with top honours
- 14th Graduation Ceremony held at GITAM
- Carry Minati announces charity stream for Odisha train accident
- Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh celebrating Vat Purnima
- Lady Gaga on mental health benefits of make-up: ‘Sometimes it lifts my spirits’
- Tollywood celebrities express grief for Odisha train accident
- Rajniesh Duggall talks about his international debut with 'Postcards'
- Mahesh & Deepika Padukone were first choices of this blockbuster; reveals the director, producer
- iPhone 14 on sale for less than Rs 70,000; check
Mumbai sitting pretty
Aditya Tare and Dwayne Smith gave Mumbai Indians a flying start after Rajasthan Royals scored a fighting 165/6 in the second IPL qualifier at Eden...
Aditya Tare and Dwayne Smith gave Mumbai Indians a flying start after Rajasthan Royals scored a fighting 165/6 in the second IPL qualifier at Eden Gardens on Friday.
Rajasthan Royals rode on a gritty 43 by Rahul Dravid before Dishant Yagnik upped the ante with an unbeaten 17-ball 31 to set a challenging target.A Dravid was Royals' top-scorer as they seemed to struggle in the middle before Yagnik, who hit five fours, and Hodge (19 not out) added 57 runs in 27 balls to prop up their side.
They were also helped by some shoddy bowling by Malinga in the last over. Harbhajan Singh made full use of the overcast conditions returning with figures of 3/23, including the prized scalp of Dravid, before Kieron Pollard took two in one over to further damage Royals' scoring rate after they opted to bat first. Mumbai Indians got their script wrong in a horrible last over by Malinga who conceded 18 runs including seven extras.
The winners of the match will set up Sunday's summit clash with Chennai Super Kings.A An interesting duel was on display with a different-looking Dravid taking the attack on Mumbai Indians quickie Johnson, hitting the Aussie for consecutive boundaries with some classical flicks and drives.
Rajasthan Royals: Dravid c Sharma b Harbhajan 43, Rahane b Harbhajan 21, Watson c Sharma b Harbhajan 6, Samson c Harbhajan b Malinga 0, Binny c Harbhajan b Pollard 27, Hodge not out 19, Cooper c Smith b Pollard 4 Yagnik not out 31; Extras: (LB-4, W-8, NB-2) 14; Total: (for 6 wickets in 20 overs) 165; Fall of wickets: 1-44, 2-60, 3-64, 4-87, 5-104, 6-108; Bowling: Johnson 3-0-23-0, Dhawan 4-0-30-0, Ojha 4-0-36-0, Harbhajan 4-0-23-3, Malinga 4-0-43-1, Pollard 1-0-6-2.