- Now, its Centre's turn to create 2 cr jobs as promised: DK Shivakumar
- Odisha train tragedy: Restoration work begins, says Vaishnaw
- Two buses caught fire in separate incidents in Hyderabad
- Man held for selling adulterated mustard seeds in Hyderabad
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours
- Karnataka Minister Santosh Lad leaves for Odisha to monitor rescue op of Kannadigas
- Delhi liquor scam: Manish Sisodia meets ailing wife
- Setup your ultimate home gym!
- 21% of GenZ daters say sending memes builds great rapport
- Odisha Train Accident: AP passengers details sent to Vijayawada railway station
Sania-Rohan in quarters
London (PTI): India had a good day in office as Rohan Bopanna secured a quarterfinal berth while Sania Mirza too sealed a place in the last-eight...
London (PTI): India had a good day in office as Rohan Bopanna secured a quarterfinal berth while Sania Mirza too sealed a place in the last-eight stage with their respective partners in the mixed doubles competition at the Wimbledon here on Wednesday. However, Mahesh Bhupathi`s campaign ended after losing a fiercely-fought men`s doubles quarter-final along with partner Julian Knowle to top seeded American twins Mike and Bob Bryan. While Bopanna and his Chinese partner Jie Zheng overcame the fighting Swedish-Hungarian duo of Johan Brunstrom and Katalin Marosi 7-6(4), 3-6, 6-1, Sania and Horia Tecau of Romania posted a comfortable 6-1, 7-5 win over Eric Butorac of USA and Alize Cornet of France. The seventh seeded Bopanna and Zheng took a little less than an hour and a half to get the better of their opponents. The Indo-Chinese duo will take on the winner of the match between Jean-Julien Rojer and Vera Dushevina and 14th seeds David Marrero and Kimiko Date-Krumm in the quarterfinals.