- TDP Mahanadu: Second day meeting to start in a while, Naidu to release manifesto
- Complaint Filed Against Arvind Kejriwal, Kharge, And Others Political Leaders For Giving Remark On President Murmu's Caste
- Fire breaks out in wedding pandal amid fireworks in Alluri Sitaramaraju district, no casualties
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 28 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Tipper lorry and oil tanker collides head-on in Kakinada, no casualties
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 28 May 2023
- Inauguration Of New Parliament Building Marked With Prayers From Many Faiths
- Why Pakistan's military establishment turned against its blue-eyed boy
- 'Self-glorifying authoritarian PM' says Congress on new Parlaiment inauguration
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament House
India in quarters
Hosting its maiden international Sepaktakraw event, India began their campaign in the men’s section with a bang as they recorded a come-from-behind victory over higher-ranked Singapore on the opening day of the World Super Series in New Delhi on Thursday.
New Delhi (PTI): Hosting its maiden international Sepaktakraw event, India began their campaign in the men’s section with a bang as they recorded a come-from-behind victory over higher-ranked Singapore on the opening day of the World Super Series in New Delhi on Thursday.
The home side, ranked eighth in the world, defeated fifth-ranked Singapore 14-16, 11-15, 15-9, 17-16 and 15-7 for a total score of 72-63 at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium Complex. After Philippines pulled out of the tournament due to visa issues, only India and Singapore remained in Group D and both have already qualified before today’s match which the home side won 3-2 in a 100-minute duel.
Two top countries from each of the four groups, involving three teams each, will qualify for the quarterfinals on the basis of total points accumulated. India will play against Singapore again on Friday to decide the group topper. This was necessitated as teams in other groups will be playing twice in the group stage.However, the women’s team lost to Indonesia 0-3 in their opening Group A match.