- Nothing Phone (2) to be manufactured in India
- Simpli Namdhari hosts Goodness Walkathon to raise awareness
- Indian nurses hoping to work in Ireland stuck in visa 'logjam': Report
- Govt asks airlines to devise mechanism for reasonable pricing of air tickets
- 'ED notice to Abhishek Banerjee's wife an inhuman act': Mamata Banerjee
- India's 5G sales hit 50% market for 1st time: Report
- Prince Harry fails to show up for court, will give evidence on Tuesday
- Odisha train mishap: CBI to probe from sabotage angle of signaling system
- Vinsys IT Services files draft papers for IPO; to list on NSE Emerge
- UoH among Top 10 in NIRF 2023
Kohli wins battle with Nike
Karnataka High Court on Wednesday ruled a case between Virat Kohli and sports giant Nike in favour of the former. According to India Today, the...
Karnataka High Court on Wednesday ruled a case between Virat Kohli and sports giant Nike in favour of the former. According to India Today, the verdict allows the Indian cricketer to sign endorsement deals with other brands as per his convenience.
The ruling comes after the court had earlier ordered the Indian cricketer to maintain status quo with regards to an endorsement deal signed with Nike.
Nike had accused the Indian batsman of breaching their contract and claimed that Kohli breached the contract by disagreeing to continue with them as brand ambassador till 2014.
The five year contract signed in 2008 was extendable till 2014. However, the chief executive officer of Cornerstone Sports and Entertainment said that the judge vacated the order stating that Kohli and Co. had terminated the contract correctly and thus no case is made out of it