- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Sindhu gets her Arjuna Award
Sindhu Gets Her Arjuna Award. India's rising shuttler P.V. Sindhu, who recently won the World Championship bronze medal, was conferred with the Arjuna Award by sports minister Jitendra Singh here Tuesday. Sindhu Receives Arjuna Award, PV Sindhu Finally Receives Arjuna award
India's rising shuttler P.V. Sindhu, who recently won the World Championship bronze medal, was conferred with the Arjuna Award by sports minister Jitendra Singh here Tuesday. The minister presented Sindhu a statuette, citation and a cash prize of Rs.5 lakh at the governing body meeting of Sports Authority of India (SAI).
Sindhu could not receive the award from President Pranab Mukherjee during the award ceremony Aug 31 at Rashtrapati Bhavan since she was busy playing the final of the Indian Badminton League (IBL). The 18-year-old last month became the first female singles player from India to win a bronze medal at the World Championships.