- Amazon to use AI to check damaged products before shipping
- ‘NBK 108’ makers promises bombarding updates on Balayya’s birthday
- Mamata Banerjee demands proper probe into cause of Odisha train accident
- Now, its Centre's turn to create 2 cr jobs as promised: DK Shivakumar
- Odisha train tragedy: Restoration work begins, says Vaishnaw
- Two buses caught fire in separate incidents in Hyderabad
- Man held for selling adulterated mustard seeds in Hyderabad
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours
- Karnataka Minister Santosh Lad leaves for Odisha to monitor rescue op of Kannadigas
- Delhi liquor scam: Manish Sisodia meets ailing wife
Kevin Anderson beats John Isner to play maiden Wimbledon final
South Africas star Kevin Anderson is through to the Wimbledon men finals after defeating American John Isner in a marathon five setter match that lasted for more than 65 hours
Johannesburg [South Africa]: South Africa's star Kevin Anderson is through to the Wimbledon men finals after defeating American John Isner in a marathon five setter match that lasted for more than 6.5 hours.
Anderson will play his first Wimbledon final on Sunday after beating Isner 7-6, 6-7, 6-7, 6-4 26-24 in the semifinal.
In the second longest match on Saturday, Anderson was able to fight back from 2-1 back to seal the victory.
During the match, Anderson won the first set but failed to show his spark in the following two. He then took the fourth set 6-4, breaking the Isner's serve twice in the set.
Anderson finished with 49 aces and 118 winners while Isner had 53 aces and 129 winners.
He broke through for a 5-3 lead in the third set, ending Isner's run from the game.
He saved three break points in the third game of the first set before Isner had to save a set point in the 10th.
The final set alone lasted for two hours and 50 minutes.
Anderson will now face either Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal in the final.