- Five killed in Cruiser -lorry mishap
- Karnataka: Five killed in Cruiser -lorry mishap
- Hyderabad: GHMC officers pledge to protect environment
- Hyderabad: Grand ‘Telangana Sahitya Dinotsavam’ on June 11
- Inculcate habit of planting saplings: Kurnool SBI DGM Lekha Menon
- Gold and silver rates today remained stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 06 June 2023
- Hyderabad: Youngistaan organises unique trek
- Weather alert: 212 mandals in AP to witness severe heatwaves today
- Kurnool: Several villages in Kowthalam reeling under water crisis
- Tirupati: Brochure on SPMVV-WBIF’s academia, industry interaction meet released
India clinch series on Ajay Reddy’s heroics
A rollicking unbeaten 90 by Ajay Reddy was the toast of Indias resounding 55run win over England in the second T20 game here The host has taken an unassailable 20 lead in the threematch bilateral cricket series for blind
Bangalore: A rollicking unbeaten 90 by Ajay Reddy was the toast of India’s resounding 55-run win over England in the second T20 game here. The host has taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match bilateral cricket series for blind.
Earlier, visiting team captain Ed Hossel won the toss and opted to field. It seemed a good decision as he picked up a wicket with the first ball of the match. The bowlers maintained tight lines as they picked four Indian wickets in the first eight overs.
It was then that skipper Ajay Reddy and Pankaj Bhue steadied the ship with a 100-run partnership, helping their team post an imposing total of 217 for five. Reddy’s unbeaten 90 from 44 balls fetched him the man of the match award.
Chasing a huge target, the English batsmen were never in the hunt as the Indian bowlers chipped in with regular wickets.
The third and final match will be held here on Thursday.
Brief scores: India 217 for five wickets in 20 overs (Ajay Reddy 90 not out, Pankaj Bhue 51 not out, Ed Hossell 2/24, Justin Hollingsworth 2/31) bt England 162 for nine wickets in 20 overs (Ed Hossell-45, Durga Rao 3/9).