- Happy Women’s Day 2024: 7 Powerful Ways to Celebrate and Empower Women
- Key indices drift higher on fag-end short covering
- Protests by TDP Women Leaders Rock Nellore City
- Indian pace of innovation rising: Gates
- Altairo opens European luxury furniture outlet
- Space Calendar March 2024: Rocket Launch Details
- Kriti Sanon Ventures into Production with Thriller 'Do Patti'
- YSRCP scared after TDP and Jana Sena public meeting in Tadepalligudem
- Medtronic opens expanded centre in Hyd
- Infra sectors’ growth at 15-mth low
Denmark Open: Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth enters semi-finals
Indias Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth entered in semifinals of the Denmark Open with hardfaced wins over Nozomi Okuhara and Sameer Verma respectively
ODENSE: India’s Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth entered in semifinals of the Denmark Open with hard-faced wins over Nozomi Okuhara and Sameer Verma respectively.
On Friday night, Saina ranked 10th, lost the first game and the recovered to beat the world no. 7 Okuhara of Japan with a score line reading 17-21, 21-16, 21-12.
Saina will next take on world number 19 Gregoria Mariska Tunjung of Indonesia.
In men’s singles quarterfinal, Srikanth had to play hard against Sameer Verma.
World number six Srikanth triumphed over the 23-ranked Indian in an impressive battle that lasted for an hour and 18 minutes with the final score reading of 22-20, 19-21, 23-21.
Srikanth scripted a remarkable victory to scrape through the game where Verma was leading for the major part of the third game. In semifinals
Srikanth will play second seed and world number one Kento Momota.