Denmark Open: Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth enters semi-finals
Indias Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth entered in semifinals of the Denmark Open with hardfaced wins over Nozomi Okuhara and Sameer Verma respectively
ODENSE: India’s Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth entered in semifinals of the Denmark Open with hard-faced wins over Nozomi Okuhara and Sameer Verma respectively.
On Friday night, Saina ranked 10th, lost the first game and the recovered to beat the world no. 7 Okuhara of Japan with a score line reading 17-21, 21-16, 21-12.
Saina will next take on world number 19 Gregoria Mariska Tunjung of Indonesia.
In men’s singles quarterfinal, Srikanth had to play hard against Sameer Verma.
World number six Srikanth triumphed over the 23-ranked Indian in an impressive battle that lasted for an hour and 18 minutes with the final score reading of 22-20, 19-21, 23-21.
Srikanth scripted a remarkable victory to scrape through the game where Verma was leading for the major part of the third game. In semifinals
Srikanth will play second seed and world number one Kento Momota.
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu to meet Mamata for post-poll alliance talks in Kolkata
- BJP to bag 17-18 seats in Karnataka as per exit poll predictions
- Centre moves Supreme Court on retrospective effect of Black Money law
- Real results will be declared on May 23: Opposition rejects exit polls prediction
- Saradha case: Rajeev Kumar moves Supreme Court, seek an extension of 7-day protection