- Nothing Phone (2) to be manufactured in India
- Simpli Namdhari hosts Goodness Walkathon to raise awareness
- Indian nurses hoping to work in Ireland stuck in visa 'logjam': Report
- Govt asks airlines to devise mechanism for reasonable pricing of air tickets
- 'ED notice to Abhishek Banerjee's wife an inhuman act': Mamata Banerjee
- India's 5G sales hit 50% market for 1st time: Report
- Prince Harry fails to show up for court, will give evidence on Tuesday
- Odisha train mishap: CBI to probe from sabotage angle of signaling system
- Vinsys IT Services files draft papers for IPO; to list on NSE Emerge
- UoH among Top 10 in NIRF 2023
French Open: Saina, Srikanth enter pre-quarterfinals
Top Indian shuttler stars Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth entered the second round of the French Open with straight game wins on Wednesday
Paris:Top Indian shuttler stars Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth entered the second round of the French Open with straight-game wins on Wednesday.
Saina, who ended as runner-up in the Denmark Open last week, defeated Japan's Saena Kawakami 21-11 21-11 in the women's singles.
Next, Saina, world no. 10 will meet either 2017 world champion Nozomi Okuhara of Japan or Spain's Beatriz Corrales.
In the men's singles match opening round, Srikanth outclassed Hong Kong's Wong Wing Ki Vincent 21-19 21-13 in 42 minutes. Fifth-seeded Srikanth will face Korean Lee Dong Keun.
B Sai Praneeth, 2017 Singapore Open champion defeated Brazil's Ygor Coelho with a score of 21-13, 21-17 and passed the opening hurdle and set up a clash with Asian Games gold medallist Jonatan Christie of Indonesia.