- TDP Mahanadu: Second day meeting to start in a while, Naidu to release manifesto
- Complaint Filed Against Arvind Kejriwal, Kharge, And Others Political Leaders For Giving Remark On President Murmu's Caste
- Fire breaks out in wedding pandal amid fireworks in Alluri Sitaramaraju district, no casualties
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 28 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Tipper lorry and oil tanker collides head-on in Kakinada, no casualties
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 28 May 2023
- Inauguration Of New Parliament Building Marked With Prayers From Many Faiths
- Why Pakistan's military establishment turned against its blue-eyed boy
- 'Self-glorifying authoritarian PM' says Congress on new Parlaiment inauguration
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament House
Pouille Edges Raonic to Reach Australian Open Semis
Frenchman Lucas Pouille tamed bigserving Milos Raonic 764 63 672 64 in the Australian Open quarterfinal to advance to his maiden Grand Slam semifinal on Wednesday
Frenchman Lucas Pouille tamed big-serving Milos Raonic 7-6(4) 6-3 6-7(2) 6-4 in the Australian Open quarter-final to advance to his maiden Grand Slam semi-final on Wednesday.
The Frenchman, 24, took the first set with a brilliant forehand pass against an advancing Raonic in the tiebreak and converted his only breakpoint opportunity in the second set with a measured backhand lob before two winners and two big serves gave Pouille the second stanza.
The 28-year-old Raonic made former top 10 player Pouille pay for wasting four breakpoints by winning the third set tiebreaker but the Frenchman broke the Canadian again in the fourth, converting his third matchpoint to seal the contest in just over three hours.
Pouille will meet the winner of the last quarter-final between top-seeded Serb Novak Djokovic and Kei Nishikori of Japan for a place in Sunday's final.