- Lakshmi Manchu on Vaishno Devi: ‘Spirituality beyond mortal understanding’
- Illegal mining case: ED raids 27 locations in Bihar & Jharkhand
- Scream to exhale - Spanish Yoga instructor tells jail inmates
- Google introduces new voices for Assistant app
- Microsoft tests dynamic lighting feature for window 11
- Vijayawada: HMs told to distribute JVK kits on June 12
- 44% of small businesses expect to hire fewer people due to AI: Report
- EMBIBE Launches AI-powered Lab Experiments App: A Game-Changer for Students and Schools Across India
- WTC Shamshabad, IFCCI plan meet on French mkt
- Comic Con India and Warner Bros. India host an exclusive fan-first premiere of DC’s ‘The Flash’
This smart shell can turn your Android smartphone into a complete laptop
The shell, called Superbook by Andromium, makes an Android smartphone output look very much like a desktop environment. It is essentially a dumb terminal\"-- a notebook without a processor but with a keyboard, battery, trackpad and display, TreeHugger reported on Saturday.
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone into a complete laptop -- making it more convenient and affordable for people in developing countries like India and South Africa to carry their office in their pocket, literally.
The shell, called Superbook by Andromium, makes an Android smartphone output look very much like a desktop environment. It is essentially a dumb terminal"-- a notebook without a processor but with a keyboard, battery, trackpad and display, TreeHugger reported on Saturday.
Andromium launched this ambitious product on Kickstarter -- a website "designed to bring creative projects to life" -- and is available at $99. Developed by Andrew Jiang and his team at Andromium, the Superbook provides a large screen, keyboard and multi-touch trackpad, more than eight hours of battery and phone-charging capabilities.
When plugged into Android smartphone , it launches an app to deliver the full laptop experience. According to Andrew, the app is essentially Android Continuum that lets you work seamlessly -- going from phone to notebook.
With the Superbook, you can do everything you can do on a laptop - and more. With desktop -class browsing, access to office applications, games, and even programming, the opportunities are limitless," Andromium said in its project description on Kickstarter.
Read More »