- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
NSDL e-Governance invites students to apply for Scholarship through Vidyasaarathi portal
NDSL e-Governance (NSDL e-Gov),a pioneer in technology based governance and administration in India, is planning to strengthen its existing Vidyasaarathi initiative inassociation with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Mumbai, India: NSDL e-Governance (NSDL e-Gov),a pioneer in technology based governance and administration in India, is planning to strengthen its existing Vidyasaarathi initiative inassociation with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).TISS will act as the central Trust for administering the educational scholarship scheme andprovide necessary expertise in implementing thisprogram whereas NSDL e-Gov will offer the technological backing. Vidyasaarathi initiative is also supported by Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion(CDFI).
Having benefited a number of students in the pilot phase, NSDL e-Gov has alreadyempaneled 91educational institutes on board to collaborate for the Vidyasaarathi program. NSDL e-Gov plans to spread awareness and tie up with more companies to disburse their CSR funds towards this initiative. This would make it extremely convenient for organizationswishing to support higher education by providing them with a transparent and user friendly platform viz. Vidyasaarathi. As the funds are directly disbursed to beneficiary’s or institute’s account through the trust account, it is ensured that the transparency in disbursement is maintained.
In January 2017, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), ACC Limited launched Vidyasaarathi Educational Scholarship Scheme for the benefit of students of various courses. Commenting on the growth of Vidyasaarathi, Mr. Gagan Rai, Managing Director and CEO,said “With each passing year, as an increasing number of students opt for higher education, they face challenges which ultimately hinder their growth. We have observed that the organizations who want to help these students have trouble in reaching out to the deserving students.Vidyasaarathi is making it easier and more convenient for organizations to improve country’s skilled human resources. We believe that the growth of Vidyasaarathi will be imperative for the education sector in India, as it has the potential to transform traditional methodsin the sector”.
Vidyasaarathi envisions simplifying the process of scholarship design, application and disbursement,thereby removing all administrative challenges faced by organizations to support education funding. The company plans to do this by forming more partnerships with institutions and executing an extensive campus outreach.