Tesla is building its own AI chips for autonomous cars
Tesla wants to build it all inhouse The company has announced that it is building its own AI chips which will power the selfdriving cars of the future
California [United States]: Tesla wants to build it all in-house. The company has announced that it is building its own AI chips which will power the self-driving cars of the future.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed the Tesla computer, known as Hardware 3, is meant to be incorporated into the Model S, X, and 3 to support the self-driving capabilities, TechCrunch reported.
Until now, Tesla had been using Nvidia's Drive platform. However, having its own chips will gain Tesla more control on their product. The upgrade is expected to start rolling out next year.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow