- Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali inaugurates 2,306 CCTV cameras
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today stable, check the rates on September 26, 2023
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today stable, check the rates on 26 September, 2023
- Cyberabad traffic police issues traffic advisory on immersion
- SCR to run special MMTS services
- Hyderabad: Musical fountains, new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Supreme Court refuses to pass order on urgent listing
- SCR holds review meet on safety in train operations
- Naidu’s 45-year political life unblemished: Bhuvaneswari
- Hyderabad: Gudimalkapur stepwell to be restored
Congress opposes TRS move to regularise lands
Telangana Congress on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao was using poor people as shield to benefit land grabbers by bringing in a law to regularise lands. He said the main motive of the government was not protection of government lands, but raising funds to implement various schemes announced by KCR.
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao was using poor people as shield to benefit land grabbers by bringing in a law to regularise lands. He said the main motive of the government was not protection of government lands, but raising funds to implement various schemes announced by KCR.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Telangana Congress spokesperson G Niranjan said the Congress was ready to support the land regularisation Bill provided the government ensures that the interests of the poor were protected. He demanded that the government submit the entire list of those who encroached upon government lands before the next all-party meeting to be held on December 16.
The Congress leader also rejected the proposal of construction of Vinayak Sagar for the immersion of Ganesh idols. He said a small tank could never act as a replacement for Hussainsagar for immersion of thousands of Ganesh idols. He said before speaking to the Opposition parties, the Chief Minister should consult the officials concerned and other stake holders on the issue.
Niranjan also demanded that the Chief Minister undertake an aerial survey of the proposed Metro Rail route before taking a final decision. He ridiculed the contention of Hyderabad Metro Rail authorities that they were yet to take up the survey of Metro Rail route in the Old City. He asked at to how the HMR officials finalised the corridor before conducting the survey.
He alleged that the HMR officials were making statements at the behest of MIM and were indirectly supporting it to change the Metro Rail alignment. He also alleged that MIM was not serious in the development of Old City and that was the reason why it wanted to deprive the people of benefits of Metro Rail project.