- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Technical glitch hits KCR’s helicopter
Technical glitch hits KCR’s helicopter, Technical snag prevented Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao from undertaking aerial survey of Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts on Sunday.
Aerial survey of Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy districts incomplete
Hyderabad: Technical snag prevented Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao from undertaking aerial survey of Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts on Sunday. The survey was intended to understand the contours in and around Hyderabad to improve its green cover.
After paying floral tributes to the late Congress leader P Janardhan Reddy’s statue at Khairatabad on the occasion of his death anniversary, KCR proceeded to Begumpet airport around 12.30 pm. He took off from there to Vanasthalipuram, where he was scheduled to land and go on a field visit of forestland there. After reaching the marked area for landing, the helicopter developed technical problems. The chopper hovering around for a few minutes in air left the place without landing.
Officials presumed that the Chief Minister could have headed for Narapally in Ghatkesar and Kandlakoya Park in Medchal, the other destinations of KCR’s visit. However, the pilot flown it back to Begumpet airport in view of the technical problems experienced in the engine.
Although there was news making rounds that KCR completed his aerial visits, there was no official confirmation. Ranga Reddy district authorities said the despite all arrangements made for KCR’s ground visit in Ghatkesar and Medchal, the CM could not visit due to technical problems developed in his helicopter.
On the other hand, government sources stated that Rao’s visit did not go as planned. The aerial tour of Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts would now be carried out once KCR completes aerial surveys of Warangal (scheduled on Monday), Khammam and other districts in the next few weeks.