- AP rocks with TDP ranks’ protests in support of Chandrababu’s arrest enters 12th day
- BJP to campaign on Women’s Reservation Bill in 50,000 villages of Odisha
- Adarsha Vidyalaya Foundation Day celebrated
- Bhopal turns saffron ahead of PM Modi's visit
- Air India flight returns to Vizag airport within half an hour of take off due to technical glitches
- Dosti with BJP: An explosion of resentment in JDS
- Certificates awarded to first batch of Hospital Management at IIM-B
- Mynampally all set to join Congress on September 27
- Madhapur Drugs Case: Film director Vasu Varma arrested
- NDA will secure more than 350 seats in 2024 polls: Pradhan
Telangana irrigation projects need reengineering: KCR
Telangana Irrigation Projects Need Reengineering: KCR. Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has made a case for total revamp, redesign and re engineering of all irrigation projects mooted under the Jalayagnam project by the YSR government in view of its loop holes and in built corrupt practices.
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has made a case for total revamp, redesign and re engineering of all irrigation projects mooted under the Jalayagnam project by the YSR government in view of its loop holes and in built corrupt practices.
KCR said that Seemandhra rulers in the undivided state had devised projects in Telangana right from Nagarjunasagar to Pranahita-Chevella in such a manner that they do not serve the purpose of the people in Telangana. He will soon convene a meeting with all political parties and irrigation experts on re-engineering the projects. "The irrigation projects mirror the cruel joke played by the rulers in the undivided state on Telangana," he said .
He said the Sriram Sagar project alone was an exception as it was designed to suit the needs of Telangana farmers by the then CM Marri Channa Reddy and engineer Koti Reddy.
Citing another example of how Seemandhra rulers had made mockery of TS irrigation projects, Rao said, though the Dammugudem project had been taken up, not a single drop from this project will come to Telangana while lot of agriculture and forest lands in Nalgonda and Khammam were submerged.