- Chittoor: Gadapa Gadapaku Mahila Police programme to be launched soon
- Environment-Friendly Move: ATB vending machines to provide cloth bags
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 07 June 2023
- Hyderabad: Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival
- AP Cabinet to meet today, to discuss crucial issues
- Apple confirms acquisition of augmented reality headset startup Mira
- KTR praises Power department’s achievements
- Hyderabad: Summer special trains between various destinations
- BJP sets its eyes on South now
- Hyderabad: Murgi Chowk being razed, set to sport new look soon
TDP, BJP celebrate Phule Jayanthi
Mahatma Jyothirao Phule’s 190th birth anniversary was celebrated at NTR Trust Bhavan, headquarters of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) here on Monday.
Hyderabad: Mahatma Jyothirao Phule’s 190th birth anniversary was celebrated at NTR Trust Bhavan, headquarters of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) here on Monday. TDP State president L Ramana was the chief guest. TDP working president A Revanth Reddy, politburo member Ravula Chandrasekhar Reddy, Motkupally Narasimhulu, party’s national spokesperson Arvind Kumar Goud, Peddi Reddy, official spokesperson Narender Reddy, Nannuri Narsireddy, programme convenor Bhuchilingam, Ajmir Raju Naik, Telugu Yuvatha president Virender Goud, BC cell general secretary Simhadri Kanakchari and others attended the function.
Recalling the services of Phule, the speakers said Jyothirao Phule always worked for the uplift of the downtrodden, the poor, the backward classes and workers. It was Phule who fought against the British and asked British rulers to provide reservation to all castes on the basis of their population. The leaders said TDP founder late NTR followed the ideals Jyothirao Phule and gave political reservations to the downtrodden and the backward classes in politics.
Further, they said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had announced installation of 125-ft high Dr B R Ambedkar statue, and Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao also announced a 126-ft tall statue of Baba Ambedkar. Taking a dig on this, the TDP leaders said instead Chandrashekar Rao should first give berths to Mala, Madiga and women in his Cabinet. The BJP State unit also celebrated Jyothirao Pule Jayanthi at the party office at Nampally where party chief Dr K Laxman garlanded the portrait of Phule. Besides G Kishan Reddy, party leaders and workers attended the function.