‘Encontro’ to focus on tomorrow’s vision
National Institute Technology NIT Director NV Ramana Rao has on Tuesday unveiled the theme for the institutes 12th edition of the Technozion, annual Technical Festival, scheduled to be held from September 28 to 30
Warangal: National Institute Technology (NIT) Director NV Ramana Rao has on Tuesday unveiled the theme for the institute’s 12th edition of the Technozion, annual Technical Festival, scheduled to be held from September 28 to 30.
“The theme is ‘Encontro’ and its essence is ‘Vision of Tomorrow’. This year, with the essence of Encontro, we strive to fast forward the tomorrows, decipher the technologies that might come in handy in days to come and counsel our posterity to live with ease,” Rao said.
All the programmes of the three-day festival will be based on objectives such as 1) Disruptive technologies that change the world. Through Encontro, we aim at garnering the thoughts and anticipating the technologies that may drive the future.
2) Technologies that make health more affordable. With the technological revolution that is going on, the adverse effects, if any, are to be considered before imbibing a technology into existence and hence, we focus on the technologies that are healthy to us.
3) Technologies that transform rural India. Through different initiatives this year, we are all set to drive technology into the nook and corner of villages that surround us. 'Digitalize to revolutionize' will be one of our mottos for this year.
4) Sustainable technologies that transform the future. Sustainability is not just a part of humans, but it is also an important parameter which defines the efficiency and potency of a technology. If a technology can sustain, it has the power to transform our future and this will be of prime importance throughout the fest.
5) Smart cities. As the cost of living has been increasing since the advent of technology, we aspire to act smart and develop our surroundings as such. Technozion shall be a smart city in itself and aims to be an epitome of the same.
6) Additive manufacturing/ IOT/ AI. The more is our interaction with artificial intelligence, the simpler our life gets. Technozion strives to establish this connection every year and this year is nothing less than all its bygone years.
7) Space Technologies. Space and time have always been best of buddies for Technozion. This year, Encontro shall host the contortion of space and time as a tribute to Stephen Hawking.
8) Nanotechnology. As the elements in a technology grow smaller, the intricacies involved in dealing the nano particles increases. Technozion shall strive to contort this enigma and address the intricacies involved when dealing with nanotechnology.