Man trapped as G+3 building caves in
The fate of the 60yearold watchman, Meda Bikshapathy, who was trapped under the G3 underconstruction building that caved in partially at Bhavani Nagar here late on Tuesday night, seems to be hanging in balance with the rescue operation is progressing at a snails pace
Kazipet: The fate of the 60-year-old watchman, Meda Bikshapathy, who was trapped under the G+3 under-construction building that caved in partially at Bhavani Nagar here late on Tuesday night, seems to be hanging in balance with the rescue operation is progressing at a snail’s pace.
The efforts put in by both the rescue teams - The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) - didn’t make headway.
The sniffer dogs that were pressed into service by the NDRF failed to find a way to sneak into the caved-in part of the building. As a result, the authorities were forced to take up the dismantling of the remaining three floors of the building.
Only a part of the building was dismantled by the bulldozing vehicles when reports last came in. In all, 40 members of NDRF and Singareni apart from municipal corporation staff have been engaged in the rescue operation.
Meanwhile, it’s believed that the structure occurred due to inadequate support system and weak soil underneath it. Adding more to it was water-logging adjacent to the structure due to incessant rains that have been lashing region for the last few days.
- Tharoor challenges PM Modi to contest against him from Trivandrum
- CM Palaniswami, DMK chief Stalin trade barbs in campaign trail
- Dharwad building collapse: Seven officers suspended for negligence
- Surat women perform 'yagna', seeks divine grace for Narendra Modi to become PM again
- Ex-IAS officer Shah Faesal's party not to contest Lok Sabha polls, urges people to vote