- No intention to hide deaths: Odisha Chief Secy Pradeep Kumar Jena
- Turkiye votes for authoritarianism & ad hocism
- Loco pilots of Coromandel Express alive, undergoing treatment
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 06-06-2023
- Congress Remarks CBI Probe On Odisha's Train Accident As 'Headline Management'
- Scientists find new type of cosmic threads in Milky Way
- NIRF ranking: Bengaluru on top as IISc leads in university and research categories
- IITH continues to garner laurels, retains its place in Top 10 in NIRF-Engineering
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 06-06-2023
- Karnataka Govt implements Free Power
TRS gets big blow in Paler as Minister Tummal loses
The TRS party received a massive blow with the defeat of former Roads and Buildings Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao here in high voltage poll battle that took place between TRS and Mahakutami in Paler Assembly constituency in Khammam district
Paler: The TRS party received a massive blow with the defeat of former Roads and Buildings Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao here in high voltage poll battle that took place between TRS and Mahakutami in Paler Assembly constituency in Khammam district.
Kandala Upendar Reddy won the Paler seat on the Congress ticket with a margin of just 7,669 votes over the TRS nominee and former R&B Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao in the Assembly elections.
Paler constituency which once suffered drought is now witnessing a ray of hope after completion of Bhakta Ramadasu Lift Irrigation project in a record time of 11 months which is supplying water to around 60,000 acres of land in the constituency.
Paler constituency traditionally has been a Congress strong hold. Initially it was reserved for SCs but after 2009 the constituency was converted into a general seat. The Congress won the 10 times and Left parties three times. But after the death of sitting MLA and former Minister of Congress party Ramreddy Venkat Reddy, the TRS nominee Tummala Nageswara Rao won in by-elections held in 2016.
Kandala Upendar Reddy said that being the local candidate and available for the people round the clock, the people kept faith in him and played key role in his victory. He assured the people that he would strive hard to solve all their issues and would take measures for the all-round development of the constituency.
It is to be noted that in 2014 elections, Ramreddy Venkat Reddy contestested on Congress ticket defeated TDP candidate Maddineni Baby Swarna Kumari with a margin of 21,863 votes and became MLA for fifth time. After his demise, Tummala Nageswara Rao won over Venkat Reddy’s wife R Sucharitha Reddy in the bye-election.