- PL Technicals Daily Morning Report - June 9
- Tata Consumer Products (TATACONS IN) - Amnish Aggarwal - Head of Research, Prabhudas Lilladher Pvt Ltd
- Bengaluru: Three die in road accident
- Major fire in Mumbai 1 injured others rescued
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 09-06-2023
- ‘Adipurush’ distributor in Telugu states stares at a loss: Experts
- Counseling for admissions into AP Gurukula schools scheduled from June 12 to 15
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 09-06-2023
- J&K Police rescue 250 tourists stuck in Kashmir's Affarwat
- Russia shifting to a war economy?
Demand for new sewer system in Santosh Nagar
The residents of the New Santosh Nagar Colony have been suffering from the old drainage system for the past few years The locals have been demanding for a new centralized drainage system for their colony, as old drainage system is slowly becoming dysfunctional
Santosh Nagar: The residents of the New Santosh Nagar Colony have been suffering from the old drainage system for the past few years. The locals have been demanding for a new centralized drainage system for their colony, as old drainage system is slowly becoming dysfunctional.
The streets are often filled with overflowing drainage in the colony. “We have requested the local corporator and higher authorities to install new centralized drainage system, but nothing has happened so far,” said PL Krishna, President, People welfare committee, New Santosh Nagar Colony.
“The drainage system has grown old, and it is the reason for the frequent drain overflows. The old small drain system gets overloaded and the sewage overflows, as there are large number of apartments and houses in the colony. Many complaints were lodged and many demands were made to change the system, but still the issue is pending,” said Venkat Kumar, another resident.
“Due to the old drainage system the drain overflow has become common in the opposite lane of the Swamy Venkateshwara Temple.There is an overflow of the drain at least twice a weekand the residents complainedmany times to thecolony president and to the GHMC regarding the issue. They also demanded to install a new drainage system, but the issue is neglected by both,” said Mujeeb Khan, a resident.