- National Boyfriend's Day 2023: Wishes, Greetings and Quotes to Make Him Feel Loved!
- Jitiya Vrat 2023: Known Date, Auspicious Moments and Significance
- Fresh furore as 8, including 2 infants, perish in Maharashtra govt hospital in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar
- Mayawati demands caste census in UP ‘without delay’
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8K restaurant owners
- People return to Bengaluru from long weekend: full traffic jam in the city
- RSS man heading Congress in Telangana: KTR
- ‘Jitni abadi, utna haq’: It will eventually culminate into majoritarianism, says Singhvi
- Following are foreign exchange rates on october-03-2023
- Asian Games: Atanu, Dhiraj lose in shoot-offs in recurve archery quarterfinals
Gen X forgetting Indian traditions, culture: Rajinikanth
Superstar Rajinikanth, who attended the grand audio launch of his upcoming 3D sci-fi entertainer \"2.0\" with the cast and crew here, said that he felt sad that the younger generation of India was forgetting our culture and tradition.
Superstar Rajinikanth, who attended the grand audio launch of his upcoming 3D sci-fi entertainer "2.0" with the cast and crew here, said that he felt sad that the younger generation of India was forgetting our culture and tradition.
Hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar, actor Rana Daggubati and RJ Balaji, the audio launch of the S. Shankar's directorial flick took place at the Burj Park in Dubai on Saturday.
The event was also attended by actor Akshay Kumar, actress Amy Jackson and Rajinikanth's family including his wife Latha, daughters Aishwarya and Soundarya, son-in-law and actor Dhanush among others.
When Karan asked about things that he liked and hated in people today, Rajinikanth, dressed in all black ensemble, replied: "What I like is that they are obliged and humble. What I don't like is that the younger generation is slowly forgetting our own tradition and culture. That's sad. They should not do this. They should enjoy it and should never forget our culture and tradition."
Rajinikanth, who has been a pivotal part of the Indian entertainment industry for over four decades, said that he considers everything that he has achieved as "A gift from God".
While the songs of '2.0' were leaked hours before the commencement of the event over YouTube and other streaming platforms, that didn't spoil the audio launch, which witnessed power-packed performances by Amy, Akshay and the film's music director A R Rahman.
Speaking at the event, Latha said: "It's a very big moment for me. I am very proud of my husband. I wish to salute him for his hard-work in ‘2.0'. Also, I want to give my best wishes to Amy, Rahman, Shankar and all others who have made this project possible."
A sequel to the 2010 Tamil blockbuster "Enthiran", the film "2.0" has been made on a lavish budget. Akshay will be essaying the prime antagonist in the film as an eccentric scientist called Richard, while Rajinikanth returns as scientist Vaseegaran.
While actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was seen romancing Rajinikanth in the first film, "2.0" will have Amy as the superstar's love interest.
The film is slated for a
release in early 2018.