- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
- Delhi Police arrest NewsClick founder Prabir Purkayastha
APPSC job scam : Sandhya held
Central Crime Station (CCS) sleuths on Monday arrested self-styled entrepreneur Chempati Sandhya for her alleged involvement in a job scandal...
Central Crime Station (CCS) sleuths on Monday arrested self-styled entrepreneur Chempati Sandhya for her alleged involvement in a job scandal involving officials of the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC).
She was caught on camera negotiating a deal wherein she not only assured polytechnic lecturer's post for those who paid the bribe but was also found playing cards with APPSC member G S Seetarama Raju.
A native of Mogalturu town in West Godavari district, Sandhya is said to have connections with high profile politicians. CCS officials said she was arrested from a remote village in Medak district after a complaint was lodged by APPSC secretary Charu Sinha. The accused was produced before a court and sent to judicial custody.
The officials also said an application has been filed before the court seeking police custody of the accused for detailed interrogation to know the details of various persons involved in the scam.