Angola capital Luanda world's costliest city for expats
As per an annual survey by consultancy Mercer, the Angolan capital, Luanda, remains the world\'s most expensive city for expatriates, while Kyrgyzstan\'s Bishkek is the \"cheapest\" one.
As per an annual survey by consultancy Mercer, the Angolan capital, Luanda, remains the world's most expensive city for expatriates, while Kyrgyzstan's Bishkek is the "cheapest" one.
Luanda has held its position for the past three years because of the high cost of rent, imported goods and security in the oil-rich nation, the BBC reported.
Nathalie Constantin-Metral, principal at Mercer, said that European currencies have weakened against the US dollar, which pushed most western European cities down in the ranking.
Constantin-Metral added that other factors like the eurozone's economy, falling interest rates and increasing unemployment have impacted these cities.
The top 10 most expensive cities in 2015
1. Luanda, Angola 6. Shanghai, China
2. Hong Kong 7. Beijing, China
3. Zurich, Switzerland 8. Seoul, South Korea
4. Singapore 9. Bern, Switzerland
5. Geneva, Switzerland 10. N, Djamena, Chad
Least expensive cities in 2015
1. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan 6. Banjul, Gambia
2. Windhoek, Namibia 7. Minsk, Belarus
3. Karachi, Pakistan 8. Cape Town, South Africa
4. Tunis, Tunisia 9. Managua, Nicaragua
5. Skopje, Macedonia 10. Tbilisi, Georgia (ANI)