This Christmas why not give old favourite a fresh festive update by adding ‘Pumpkin Bundt Cake With Walnuts’ to your Christmas recipe! Consisting of a beautiful crunch, creamy taste and loads of nutrition. So, this Christmas, celebrity Chef Sabyasachi Gorai curates this recipe with the added crunch of walnuts that you can relish with your family and friends!
A perfect Christmas celebration
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Walnuts
260 g of roasted and crushed pumpkin
250 g of butter
3 large eggs
250 g of sugar
150 g of flour
125 g of ground walnuts
1 teaspoon and 1/2 of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
A pinch of salt
The zest of a lemon
60 g of chopped walnuts
For the glazed
200g of glass sugar
3 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 170º C, grease abundt cake mold and set aside.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour, ground walnuts, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the lemon zest and reserve.
3. In another large bowl, whisk the sugar with butter until the mixture froths. Incorporate the eggs one by one. Add the pumpkin puree and mix well. Begin to include the flour mixture using a tablespoon and mix gently.
4. Fill the mold and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Check if it’s cooked thoroughly or leave it in for a little longer.
5. Wait 10 minutes before unmolding and let it cool completely.
6. Mix all the ingredients of the glaze until obtaining a uniform mixture and pour over the cake. Finish with the chopped walnuts on top.