73% Hyd cos keen to increase hiring
Mettl, one of India’s largest and fastest growing assessment and skill-measurement companies, highlights that 73% of the companies based out of...
Hyderabad: Mettl, one of India’s largest and fastest growing assessment and skill-measurement companies, highlights that 73% of the companies based out of Hyderabad are planning to increase their hiring volumeby 10% to 30% this year in its recently launched– ‘State of Talent Acquisition in India 2018’survey report.
1. 19% companies based out of Hyderabad will stick to talent sourcing for hiring in 2018, followed by social networking sites(17%) and external recruiting (17%)
2. 73% companies from Hyderabad are planning to increase their hiring volume by 10% to 30% in 2018
2. Seven of 10 companies are looking for candidates to fill non-IT related posts and Campus placements will see an upward trend in the coming year
3. 50% of the companies feel that people with high skill education will pose the greatest challenge in 2018 in terms of talent acquisition, followed by technical and trade management(19%) and Blue collared workers(19%) and low education/ daily wage workers(13%)
4. Cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), designing, automation testing, Big Data, digital marketing among others will have a better chance at securing a job in 2018
The survey report talks about the challenges being faced by talent acquisition professionals, pace of technological and market place changes, along with the increase in the demand for new skill sets and new job roles in the years ahead. The report suggest companies to develop a blended approach to talent management and recruitment in order to aid the job market’s growth Sharing his excitement on the survey launch, Ketan Kapoor, CEO and Co-founder, Mettl said, “Hiring ‘Right talent’ and ‘Retaining the existing ones’ are two key focus areas which we have seen as critical for the organization today.
In view of the current hiring trends across India, it was an obvious choice for us to come up withthe city focused research findings and help youth understand the need of an incredibly competitive talent acquisition environment.”
The first edition of Mettl’s much-awaited report, ‘State of Talent Acquisition in India 2018’ was launched mid –January 2018. The report offers a lucid explanation of the challenges ahead on the basis of the feedback taken from 1,860+ business heads and HR leaders across five major industries in a fiercely changing digital, economic, demographic, and social landscape.
With unemployment rates increasing rapidly across India after the introduction of GST, New Economic Policies and demand for skilled workforces across sectors, the report highlights the need to develop a blended approach to talent management and recruitment in order to aid the job market’s growth in the future.
Apart from the key findings shared above, the survey also indicates a sharp increase in the budgetary allotments by companies towards hiring the right candidates. In addition, the survey observes how candidates will be looking for organizations that offer flexible working arrangements and congenial work cultures.