- Odisha train tragedy: CM Patnaik briefs PM Modi about the present situation
- Opposition Parties Demands Dismissal Of Rail Minister Over Odisha Train Tragedy
- Chandrababu Naidu leaves to Hyderabad after meeting Amit Shah in Delhi
- Odisha train accident: Confusion continues over AP passengers
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 04 June 2023
- JEE Advanced 2023 exam begins across country, more candidates to appear from AP, Telangana
- Sharwanand wedding update: The groom is not more a bachelor
- Odisha train tragedy: PM Modi expresses gratitude to world leaders for condolence messages
- Goa Environmental Film Festival kicks off with ‘The Elephant Whisperers’
- Kannada actress Prema takes ramp walk with cancer survivors to spread message of courage
ACC working towards June 2021 assuitable window to host Asia Cup
The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) on Thursday officially announced that the 2020 Asia Cup has been cancelled, a day after BCCI President Sourav Ganguly said the same
Dubai: The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) on Thursday officially announced that the 2020 Asia Cup has been cancelled, a day after BCCI President Sourav Ganguly said the same.
The ACC said it is currently working towards securing June 2021 as a suitable window for the same.
"The Executive Board of the ACC has met on multiple occasions to evaluate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Asia Cup tournament scheduled in September 2020.
"From the onset the Board was keen on organising the tournament as per the original schedule. However, travel restrictions, country-specific quarantine requirements, fundamental health risks and social distancing mandates have posed as substantial challenges to the holding of the Asia Cup. Above all, the risks related to health and safety of participating players, support staff, commercial partners, fans and the cricketing community were deemed to be significant.
"Accordingly, the Board, after careful consideration of all the above factors, has determined that the Asia Cup 2020 be postponed. Conducting the event in a responsible manner remains the priority of the ACC and the Board is hopeful that the tournament will be held in 2021. The ACC is currently working towards securing June 2021 as a suitable window for the same," ACC said in a statement.
"It may also be noted that the hosts for the Asia Cup 2020, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), has exchanged hosting rights for the tournament with Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC). Through this arrangement, the SLC will now host the rescheduled Asia Cup expected in June 2021 while the PCB will host the Asia Cup 2022," the statement added.