- YS Jagan condoles death of senior journalist Anand Kumar
- Vijayawada: World Tourism Day observed
- Chief of Defence Staff General Anil Chauhan visits CAW
- APCOB adjudged best state cooperative bank
- Implement women’s reservation in 2024 LS polls, demands CPM
- Rajamahendravaram: SP felicitates Special Public Prosecutor
- Modi to inaugurate 800 mw NTPC plant; Kishan visits GG grounds
- Today is World Tourism Day 2023: TSTDC ratchets up efforts to boost eco-tourism in big way
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 27 September, 2023
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 27 September, 2023
Girl From Tamil Nadu Commits Suicide After Complaining Torture From Teachers
- A Class 12 student from a private higher secondary school in Chinna Salem, close to Kallakurichi in Tamil Nadu, committed suicide on Tuesday
- The parents and relatives of the youngster, R Srimathi, blocked the Kallakurichi-Salem highway on Wednesday while yelling abuse at the school administration
A Class 12 student from a private higher secondary school in Chinna Salem, close to Kallakurichi in Tamil Nadu, committed suicide on Tuesday night and left behind a note in which she claimed that two instructors had mistreated her, according to the police.
As per police, after the school management informed the girl's parents, they reached the Kallakurichi Government Hospital with their relatives. Close to 50 family members staged a 'road roko' at the Kallakurichi-Salem highway seeking justice for her death, accusing the school management of pushing her to take the extreme step, police said.
After the crowd entered the school and stopped teachers from entering the premises, the police reached the spot and pacified the protestors. A case was registered under Section 174 (unnatural death) of CrPC.