- A host of activities take centre stage in harbour phase of MILAN-2024
- Jana Sena has strong idealogy of social justice and fights for people, says Reddy Appalanaidu
- India should raise voice of farmers at Abu Dhabi
- 438 TIDCO houses distributed to beneficiaries
- PM Modi lays foundation stone for permanent buildings of IIT, IIITDM
- IT Minister sends ‘mudda pappu’ to Lokesh as a return gift
- Sri Satya Sai District Collector directs officials for Strict implementation of election rules
- 50 women provided with free cooking gas connections under BJP Ujjwala scheme in Gajuwaka
- Vijayawada: GENF-2K24 witnesses enthusiastic turnout
- 177 social media accounts on farmers’ protest ‘blocked’
Amazon to remove HBO from Amazon Prime Video starting in 2021
Amazon will remove HBO from Amazon's Prime video channel selection starting from the next year 2021.
WarnerMedia, the owner of HBO, and Amazon finally reached a deal that will bring HBO Max to Amazon Fire TV devices. This decision was made almost six months after the launch of HBO Max.
However, as part of the deal, Amazon will remove HBO from Amazon's selection of Prime video channels starting next year, according to reports.
Amazon Prime Video Channels allow users to subscribe to individual streaming channels for a monthly fee, and you can watch them all on Amazon. HBO on the Prime Video Channel is different from HBO Max. HBO Max comes with everything a regular HBO subscription offers along with bonus movies, original series, and shows.
WarnerMedia is trying to build a subscriber base for HBO Max, and therefore the company wants to remove some avenues that allow people to watch the normal HBO channel online, such as Amazon Prime video channels.
HBO's departure from Amazon Prime video channels is not the first time WarnerMedia has removed HBO from the on-demand channel platform. The company removed HBO from Apple TV channels on the day that HBO Max launched in May.