- I want to make timeless music: RP Patnaik
- Google Chrome’s new extension to let users create side panel UI
- Vijayawada: YSRCP celebrates 4-yrs in office with rallies, meetings
- Adolf Eichmann hanged
- Digital vocational skilling can make youths workplace ready
- How to improve English vocabulary?
- New Delhi: Filled with humility and gratitude said PM Narendra Modi
- AJIO announces Big Bold Sale
- Hyderabad: Cough up Rs 15-20 lakh for engineering seat!
- Fastest-charging EV hits Indian market
Jio Wants Users to Pay More For 1GB Data in Next 6 Months
Jio said voice tariff should continue under moderation as earlier as it will affect the masses and will be challenging to implement.
Reliance Jio offered to TRAI that wireless data prices are slowly increased to Rs 20 per GB from Rs 15 per GB at present, after six to nine months while suggesting floor rate for data prices.
While supporting for TRAI's involvement to prescribe floor price for wireless data service, Jio said voice tariff should continue under moderation as earlier as it will affect the masses and will be challenging to implement.
In its response to the TRAI consultation paper 'Tariff issues in Telecom Services', Jio said the typical Indian customer is very price sensitive and target floor price should be implemented in 2-3 tranches to decrease the effect of an increase in tariff.
It further added that once data floor price is executed, it should be evenly implemented across all tariffs and applicable to all segments -- individuals and corporates.
The Mukesh Ambani owned Jio said the data floor price should also include the bundled tariffs with clearly defined elements.