- Khammam: Many advocates join BRS
- Mahbubnagar: Bullock cart rally taken out to mark Farmers Day
- Odisha Train Accident: Chaos, screams of help all in a few minutes
- Odisha Train Accident: No one would be spared says PM Modi
- Haryana should implement apex court decision on SYL canal: Hooda
- A National Tragedy: Human Error?
- Tungaturthy: ‘MLA Gadari Kishore must apologise’
- CBSE Schools prepare to open by June 12
- Khammam: Transport Minister Puvvada Ajay Kumar all praise for CM K Chandrashekar Rao for development of agricultural sector
- Bonakal: Farming has become a festival in CM K Chandrasekhar Rao regime says MP Nama Nageswara Rao
1,498 drunken drivers caught in March
Hyderabad: Continuing its drive against drunken drivers and to ensure road safety, the city traffic police caught 1,498 drivers in March, who were...
Hyderabad: Continuing its drive against drunken drivers and to ensure road safety, the city traffic police caught 1,498 drivers in March, who were driving vehicles under the influence of alcohol.
According to Additional Commissioner of police, Traffic, Anil Kumar, charge sheets were filed against them and they were produced in the III and IV Metropolitan Magistrate Courts.
313 respondents have been awarded imprisonment and 39 persons driving licenses were suspended permanently. The Courts imposed fine amount of Rs 32.26 lakh on traffic violators.
All the violators who were sentenced for imprisonment were sent to Chanchalguda Jail. He also said, the respondents who were convicted in drunk and drive and other cases may face difficulties in getting government jobs, passport and visa clearance.
The violators who committed the offence were also counselled at Traffic Training Institute (TTI) at Goshamahal and Begumpet.
The drive against the drunken driving and other violations will continue for the safety of the commuters on road.