- Hyderabad: Pandit Sagar Tripathi to receive Rahmath-e-Alam Peace Award, 2023
- Ganesha Awards Committee visits continue
- Jagan has no moral right to arrest Naidu: Kalava
- Students should follow NSS motto of ‘Not me but you’: IISER Director
- Hyderabad: 2 persons held for bid to steal Ganesh laddu
- 3-day research-based pedagogical workshop concludes at CFRD-OU
- TDP demands probe into bogus voters’ enrolment
- Gaiety marks Golden umbrella festival at Tirumala
- 2,500 sanitation workers deployed for keeping Tirumala clean & hygienic
- Collector Dilli Rao worships Lord Ganesha
Balapur Laddu auctioned for Rs 17.60 lakh; Winner is Kolan Rami Reddy
The Balapur Ganesh Laddu auctioned for Rs 17.60 lakh this year and Kolan Rami Reddy has bagged the laddu for the 26th year.
Hyderabad: The Balapur Ganesh Laddu auctioned for Rs 17.60 lakh this year and Kolan Rami Reddy has bagged the laddu for the 26th year. Last year the laddu was won by T Srinivas Guptha of Balapur Arya Vysya Sangham for Rs 16.60 lakh. This year with a record hike of one lakh, Kolan family 9th time bagged it. The auction for the laddu started at 10:23 am by the Balapur Ganesh Utsav Samithi for the 26th time in its history on Thursday. A total of 19 members were participated in the auction bidding. The auction began at Rs 1,116 from the committee side and it reached Rs 17.60 lakh within 10 minutes time.
The auction of Balapur Ganesh laddu started in 1994 for the first time and Kolan Mohan Reddy won it for Rs 450. He bagged the laddu for 5 times personally and his family members bagged it for 3 times. Altogether Kolan family won it for 8 times in its history. Sunitha was the only woman winner of the auction in its 26 years of history. She bagged the laddu in 2009 for Rs 5.10 lakh.