- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
- Biotin a vital nutrient beyond beauty
- Salaries delayed for Byju's 20,000 employees, CEO blames investors
- Bengal Edu Dept seeks district-wise list of ‘illegally-employed teachers’ still in service
Bellampalli MLA Chinnaiah denies allegations
- Says he had not assaulted the staffers of the plaza
- Alleges people were unhappy over collection of the fees before completing the works of Mancherial-Chandrapur national highway
Mancherial: Reacting to the viral of him slapping the toll plaza employee at Mandamarri, Bellamapalli MLA Durgam Chinnaiah on Wednesday denied the allegations.
In a statement, Chinnaiah clarified that he had not assaulted the staffers of the plaza. He said people were unhappy over collection of the fees before completing the works of Mancherial-Chandrapur national highway. He regretted that patients were forced to wait during medical emergencies. He found fault with the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for levying tax on motorists without completing the works.
MLA further said that works of a road over bridge located around 200 metres from the plaza were yet to be completed.
It is to mention here that, the Bharat Rashtra Samithi party and Bellampalli MLA Durgam Chinnaiah received flak from netizens after his video of slapping the staff of Mandamarri toll plaza for not clearing the route for his vehicle, went viral. The incident took place on Tuesday night.
In the CCTV footage, MLA Durgam Chinnaiah was seen slapping the toll plaza employee and his followers were seen trying to stop him. The employee ran away from the spot to save himself. The toll plaza employees are demanding justice and to take strict action against the MLA who misbehaved with an employee on duty.