- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Gadwal: All set for launch of English medium
161 schools to offer it this year: Gadwal Collector
Gadwal: The Gadwal district administration is stepping up to introduce English medium education from the current academic year.
District In-charge Collector Sheik Yashmin Basha said orientation training commenced for 1,015 teachers including headmasters to hone their skills to teach in English medium at select government schools.
"As per the government's direction, we are implementing English medium education in about 161 identified government schools in the district during the first phase. To begin with, the English medium classes will be implemented from 1st class onwards to 8th class in all the selected schools. For the development of infrastructure and necessary facilities we have called for proposals and estimates," informed the Collector.
Earlier, the district collector took part in a video conference with education minister Sabita Indra Reddy and apprised her of the preparedness of Gadwal district to roll out the programme.
The minister said as part of Mana Ooru-Mana Badi, Mana Basti- Maa Badi programmes, the government was giving highest priority to quality school education in the state and English medium instruction was part of such initiatives. Classes 1 to 8 would be covered in the first and subsequently the government would launch the English medium education for Class 9 in 2023-24 and Cass 10 from 2024-25 academic years, she added.