- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Hyderabad: Special Operations Team arrests 6 for smuggling diesel
Hyderabad: The Special Operations Team (SOT) of Rachakonda on Monday arrested six persons for allegedly smuggling diesel by stealing it from the...
Hyderabad: The Special Operations Team (SOT) of Rachakonda on Monday arrested six persons for allegedly smuggling diesel by stealing it from the IOC/BPCL diesel tankers.
According to SOT, they received a tip-off about the illegal activity which was going on for few days. Upon receiving the information, cops laid a trap and nabbed the accused persons. The accused were identified as, Upender, Suresh Reddy, Sirinbaby, Chinna Reddy, Salahuddin and Subhash.
The main accused Upender used to steal the diesel from the tankers with the help of drivers and helpers in order to fulfill his desires to become rich, he colluded with other accused persons. Upender himself was a helper by profession in IOCL, Cherlapally and also worked as president of Drivers and Helpers Association.
But, as he felt the money he was earning was not sufficient, he and others who were loyal to him planned to smuggle diesel, said Mahesh Bhagwat, Rachakonda Police Commissioner. He said, "The main accused instructed his gang members to take a halt at a designated point after leaving the company premises.