- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Immersion kickstarts in erstwhile Nalgonda
The immersion of Ganesh idols in Nalgonda, Suryapet and Yadadri-Bhongir districts was carried out on a grand note on Wednesday.
Nalgonda/Suryapet/Bhongir: The immersion of Ganesh idols in Nalgonda, Suryapet and Yadadri-Bhongir districts was carried out on a grand note on Wednesday. Thousands of idols were immersed at 14th milestone of left canal of Nagarjunasagar project near Halia and Vallabha Cheruvu of Nalgonda town.
Respective district authorities have arranged lights, cranes and deployed swimmers at immersion points.
In Nalgonda, MLA Bhupal Reddy and SP Ranganath launched the Shobha Yatra. District Collector Gaurav Uppal along with his family members launched the programme at Vallabha Cheruvu in Nalgonda.
In Suryapet, District Collector Amoy Kumar and SP Venkateshwarlu launched the Shobha Yatra. Similarly, in Yadadri-Bhongir, District Collector Anita Ramachandran along with Joint Collector Ramesh and police officials launched the Shobha Yatra in Bhongir.