- Jatara a massive success: Seethakka
- Lake Tahoe’s Cosy Retreats: A Gateway to Nature and Adventure
- Dubai Unveils Five-Year Visa for Indians
- Devotees bid adieu to tribal deities
- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
Jagga Reddy'S Poser to Police: Can cops kill Swami Nithyananda in encounter?
Congress MLA T Jagga Reddy on Saturday wanted to know as to whether the police would kill Swami Nithyananda, who was accused of rapes, in encounter.
Hyderabad: Congress MLA T Jagga Reddy on Saturday wanted to know as to whether the police would kill Swami Nithyananda, who was accused of rapes, in encounter.
Speaking to the media, he said that though he could support the killing of accused in the Disha gang-rape and murder case in an encounter, it was not the only solution to the problem.
During YS Rajasekhara Reddy regime, the MLA stated that the accused in atrocities on women were encountered. But the crime against the women did not stop. He stressed on the need for other measures to protect the women.
Jagga Reddy said that police have been reacting on the incidents which have become popular. He mentioned that accused in Disha case were killed as the pressure from the people was high.
Awareness programmes should be taken up to keep the women informed about protecting themselves from crimes. He demanded that the chief minister should act on all the atrocities on the women like he did in the Disha case.
He alleged that the pubs are kept open in the midnight and the police have been providing security to them.
Referring to his imprisonment, last year, he said that as Chandrashekar Rao was in power he was not put behind the bars.
If he (Jagga Reddy) comes to power then Chandrashekar Rao may be jailed as the police have been executing the orders of the government without a thought.