- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Kalvakuntla Kavitha comes in support for wrestlers
BRS leader and MLC Kalvakuntla Kavitha on Wednesday came in support of the women wrestlers who have been protesting for the arrest of Wrestling Federation of India
Hyderabad: BRS leader and MLC Kalvakuntla Kavitha on Wednesday came in support of the women wrestlers who have been protesting for the arrest of Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, who is accused of sexual harassment.
Seeking action against the WFI president, she, in a tweet, said women wrestlers have brought pride to our country with their victories across the globe and that absolute silence by the government at the Centre is no response to the emerging issue. "It is the hard work, dedication and patriotism of our women #Wrestlers that showed this talent of India to the world.
The Government of India must think in the interest of the country in these 5 days. Even after a serious charge like POCSO, the accused is out in public, justice is no way can be denied to the victim, and the ongoing brutality with these gold medal awarded women players is absolutely reprehensible.