- Kesineni Chinni Promises Support for Poor and Weaker Sections in Vijayawada Parliament Constituency
- Babu Surety Bhavishyat ki guarantee program was organized today in Bapulapadu Mandal
- Prof Saraswati re-appointed to advisory group of ‘Seafood Watch’
- Eluru: UBI organises Pinkathon
- Kapu Sankshema Sena state executive member says Harirama Jogaiah party supports Jana Sena
- EC urged to act against parties trying to ‘influence’ voters
- Teachers union extend thanks to Amilineni Surendra Babu for NGO home
- TDP Chief Chandrababu Naidu Slams Jagan Reddy for Neglecting Irrigation Projects in Rayalaseema
- Eluru: 30 tonnes of PDS rice seized
- Yarlagadda Venkatarao inaugurates new TDP office in Nunna Village
Khammam: House-to-house distribution of National Flag launched
Marking the fortnight long 'Swatantra Bharata Vajrotsavalu', the house-to-house distribution of National Flags was launched here on Tuesday.
District Collector VP Gautham along with Commissioner of Police (CP) Vishnu S Warrier flagged off the flag distribution vehicle at the Collectorate as part of the State government decision to celebrate 75 years of India's Independence in a grand manner.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that arrangements have been to distribute the tricolour to 4. 66 lakh houses in the district. Earlier, Gautham and Warrier joined the school students at different movie theatres to watch the free screening of movie 'Gandhi', a biographical film based on the life of Mahatma Gandhi. The officials also visited several theatres and inspected arrangements for the movie screening.
They said that as part of Diamond Jubilee celebrations of Independence, Gandhi's movie would be screened in cinema theaters of the district for nine days from Aug 9 to 11 again from Aug 16 to 21.
Gautham informed that arrangements have been made for the screening of the movie for 92,000 students studying from 6th to 10th standard in all government, private schools, Gurukuls and residential schools in the district. Every school and theatre has been matched and batched.
In Kothagudem, district Collector Anudeep Durishetty and SP Vineeth G launched the national flags distribution. Arrangements were made for distributing the flags to around 3.25 lakh houses in the district.
As many as 2410 teams in 481 gram panchayats and 127 teams in four municipalities were formed for the distribution of the national flags. The Collector and SP watched Gandhi movie at a theatre in Kothagudem. Around 60, 000 students would watch the movie in the district.