X
X
Top
ADVERTISEMENT

RTC strike: Madiga Employees Federation urges KCR to relent

RTC strike: Madiga Employees Federation urges KCR to relent
x
Highlights

The State committee of the TSRTC Madiga Employees Federation (MEF) on justified the RTC employees’ strike and appealed to the government to end the impasse.

Hanamkonda (Warangal-U): The State committee of the TSRTC Madiga Employees Federation (MEF) on justified the RTC employees' strike and appealed to the government to end the impasse.

Speaking to media persons here on Saturday, the MEF State president Kummari Rajaiah said that the RTC employees launched their strike following a due procedure, serving giving prior notice to the authorities. Despite this, the authorities failed to look into the issues raised by the RTC staff, he added.

"Even though the strike has entered 43rd day on Saturday, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao appears to be unconcerned about the distress of employees. Around 90 per cent of the RTC employees belong to backward classes, Scheduled castes and tribes, the government had not initiated any action to resolve the strike," he said. Even though the forward castes constitute the other 10 per cent of the staff, they all are financially week, he added.

He said that the High Court had suggested both the parties to think about reconciliation, the government is yet to make such a move. On the other hand, the RTC JAC has decided to drop its demand of RTC's merger with the government, but the CM hasn't been relenting, he said.

MEF State secretary Gaddam Tirupathi said that without salaries for the last couple of months, employees have been facing severe hardships and are unable to pay house rents, school fees and buy provisions. Keeping it in mind, the CM needs to come forward and resolve the issue. The Opposition parties supported the RTC strike only after they felt that it was justifiable, he added.

SC/ST Welfare Association Warangal district secretary Thota Srinivas and Warangal RTC JAC leader E S Babu also urged the government to end the impasse over the strike. The leaders who released posters of Maha Deeksha to be organised by the SC, ST, BC, minority and others at Indira Park in Hyderabad on Sunday (November 17). They urged the people to support their protest.

Leaders A Murali, B Swamy, K Sudhakar, Ramesh Naik, Jannu Dinesh, V Pranay, Ch V G Reddy, R K Swamy and M Sitaram Naik were among others present.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories