- Almonds proven to reduce muscle soreness and improve performance: Study
- Why Janhvi Kapoor is the Breakout Star You Need to Watch in 2024
- A global music odyssey for Indian travelers
- After Gautam Gambhir, Jayant Sinha announced not to contest the elections
- Veterinary student's death: Kerala Guv suspends V-C for dereliction of duty
- Have called Google for meeting next week: IT Minister on Play Store row
- No impact of INDIA bloc, BJP will win both seats of Goa: Shripad Naik
- 5 Shocking Nutritional Deficiencies Affecting Millions Worldwide
- Bengal BJP President, LoP update PM about IAS, IPS officers acting in biased manner
- CPM leaders in Hindupur urges authorities to take action against land encroachments
Suspended MLA Raja Singh's wife knocks TS HC door over security concerns on husband
BJP MLA Raja Singh, Usha Bai, has knocked Telangana High Court seeking security for her husband who is lodged at Charlapally Central Prison. She alleged that jail inmates can attack Raja Singh.
Hyderabad: The wife of suspended BJP MLA Raja Singh, Usha Bai, has knocked Telangana High Court seeking security for her husband who is lodged at Charlapally Central Prison. She alleged that jail inmates can attack Raja Singh.
Claiming that basic amenities such as a cot, chair, and newspapers are not being provided to the legislator, she pleaded with the Court to direct to concerned authorities to provide basic amenities to her husband.
In the petition, she said that Raja Singh should be treated as a special class prisoner as he is an MLA. He should be allowed to meet his family members, voters and well-wishers twice a week, she added.
Earlier, she filed a petition against the detention of Raja Singh in the Preventive Detention (PD) Act.
She had also sought the Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan's intervention in quashing the PD Act slapped against her husband.
Usha Bai, along with Raja Singh's sisters, met the Governor at Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum.
The MLA was booked under the PD Act and sent to jail on August 25 for making derogatory remarks against Prophet Mohammad.
According to the police, 101 criminal cases were registered against Raja Singh. He is also involved in 18 communal offences.
The police said that Raja Singh has been "habitually delivering provocative and inflammatory speeches" and "driving a wedge between communities leading to public disorder".
Raja Singh is a member of Telangana Legislative Assembly from the Goshamahal constituency in Hyderabad. BJP suspended him from the party after he uploaded an offensive video on a YouTube channel last month.