- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Telangana Congress to distribute food kits on Rahul's birthday
Telangana Congress has decided to celebrate the birthday of party leader Rahul Gandhi on June 19 by distributing food kits among the needy across the State
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress has decided to celebrate the birthday of party leader Rahul Gandhi on June 19 by distributing food kits among the needy across the State. Addressing the party leaders, along with AICC Telangana incharge RC Khuntia, PCC president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said that in view of the Covid-19 pandemic and the extraordinary difficulty being faced by the people in the country, Rahul Gandhi has decided not to celebrate his birthday this year.
Therefore, he said that the party cadres restrain themselves from any kind of extravaganza or cake cutting. They should distribute food kits among the people in distress. He said that the Congress party has decided to ensure supply of food kits to at least 50 lakh needy people across the country and Telangana should be ahead of everyone in this initiative.
He said that the distribution of food should be done from village to State level. Further, Uttam Kumar Reddy said that the party leaders should honour the health and sanitation workers who are selflessly fighting against the Covid-19 pandemic on the occasion. Uttam criticised the government for suppressing the voice of Opposition.
He condemned the government for denying permission to Congress leaders to visit the pending irrigation projects on Krishna and Godavari Rivers.
The TPCC Chief condemned the inflated electricity bills charged to all categories of customers this month. Senior leaders including AICC Secretaries Srinivas Krishnan, Bosu Raju, Vamsi Chand Reddy, A Sampath Kumar, CLP leader Bhatti Vikramarka, TPCC Working Presidents A Revanth Reddy and Kusuma Kumar, former minister Mohammed Ali Shabbir, ex-PCC President V Hanumantha Rao and others participated in the video-conference through Zoom App.