- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
- HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt's stand on PIL against gender-specific eligibility for B.Sc (Hons) nursing course
- BRICS CCI WE announces Global Women Leadership Programme to empower women professionals and entrepreneurs
- Combined power of cricket and golf: Kapil Dev-Grant Thornton Invitational 2023 hits the fairways
- Karnataka’s Manish earns first ATP points at ITF Kalaburagi Open
- As Centre's envoy visits, Tripura party firm on demand of ‘Greater Tipraland' state for tribals
- Don't keep so much hopes that people end up with broken hearts: Kapil on India's WC campaign
- VBA to hold peace rally in Mumbai in support of people of Palestine
Telangana: Foundation stone laid for urban forest park at Khanapur
Environment minister Indrakaran Reddy on Wednesday laid foundation stone for urban forest park here at Khanapur in Telangana.
Environment minister Indrakaran Reddy on Wednesday laid foundation stone for urban forest park here at Khanapur in Telangana. The government's aim is to expand the forest area near cities and towns and develop them into urban forest park and lounge spaces, the minister said.
Speaking on the occasion, Indra Karan Reddy said that the government developed the urban forest parks near Mavala, Nirmal and Asifabad and people are showing interest to visit the parks to spent their time during the holiday.
Facilities like cycling, lotus pond, canopy walk, play ground and other things will be developed, the minister said.
The urban forest park at Khanapur is being developed across 225 hectares at a cost of Rs 8.50 crore. MLA Rekha Naik, ZP chairman K Vijayalakshmi Reddy, PCCF R Shobha, collector Musharaf Ali Farooqi, Kavval field director Vinod Kumar and other officials were present.