- The rise in women seeking online skill trainings in past 5 yrs : Survey
- YSRCP dismisses Prashant Kishor prediction on Jagan’s defeat
- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
Telangana: Gundu Sudharani elected as Warangal new mayor
Gundu Sudharani on Friday was elected as mayor of Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) while Rizwana Shamim as deputy mayor.
Minister Errabelli Dayakar Rao and Indra Karan Reddy announced the names of Sudharani and Rizwana as mayor and deputy mayor respectively and administered oath to them around 3 pm today.
In the recent GWMC election result, Sudharani has won from the 29th division and Rizwana from 36th division of GWMC and the names have been finalized by the ministers after a discussion with the MLAs and other senior party leaders.
Sudharani and Rizwana took the oath after the swearing-in ceremony of the corporators. Around eight corporators who were absent for the ceremony due to COVID-19 infection took the oath through the video-conference.