- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Two-wheeler thief detained under PD Act
Rachakonda Commissioner of Police Mahesh M Bhagwat has detained one habitual automobile burglar identified as D Shiva (21) under PD Act on Friday.
Hyderabad: Rachakonda Commissioner of Police Mahesh M Bhagwat has detained one habitual automobile burglar identified as D Shiva (21) under PD Act on Friday.
According to police, D Shiva is a degree student and is addicted to bad vices.
To meet his lavish expenses, he along with his friends S Naresh and N Gnanendra hatched a plan to commit theft of two wheelers from parking lots of shopping malls, vegetable markets etc.
The trio has committed theft of two wheelers under the limits Vanasthalipuram, Hayathnagar, Chaithanyapuri and LB Nagar police station.
The Vanasthalipuram Police have arrested the trio on August 4 and remanded them to judicial custody.
With a view to prevent Shiva from committing such thefts and to preserve public order, Preventive Detention orders were invoked against him on Friday and he has been detained in Central Prison at Cherlapally.