- Bejan Daruwalla’s horoscope
- Visakhapatnam Port Authority achieves highest ever cargo handling
- Huma Qureshi in her ‘queen era’, flaunts green look for ‘Maharani 3’ promos
- Visakhapatnam: Women employees shine in sports meet
- Mind-body connection
- Intrigue in Gupta Era: Srinivasan’s Saga
- TIDCO beneficiaries receive house keys at various colonies
- The enigma of existence
- Young Mother with Old Sons
- Vaddiraju Ravichandra calls on BRS Chief KCR ar Nandinagar
Yadadri-Bhongir: Motorists urged to refrain from rash driving
Bhongir MLA P Shekar Reddy stated that it was the duty of every person to prevent road accidents.
Yadadri-Bhongir: Bhongir MLA P Shekar Reddy stated that it was the duty of every person to prevent road accidents. On Wednesday, along with District Collector Anita Ramachandran, the MLA took part in the awareness meeting held as part of 31st National Road Safety Week celebrations held at Hyderabad centre in Bhongir town.
Addressing the gathering, he said the motorists should not commit mistakes by violating traffic rules and should not lose their valuable lives.
District Collector Anita Ramachandran advised two-wheeler riders to wear helmet and four-wheeler drivers to tighten their safety belts during travelling and reach their destination safely. She appealed to the people to follow the traffic rules to prevent accidents.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Narayana Reddy, in his speech, explained the traffic rules and safety measures to be taken in detail. He informed that driving vehicles without number plates was a crime and liable for punishment and penalty as per the law. In this meeting, Assistant Commissioners of Police Bhujanga Rao, B Krishnaiah, Bhongir CI Kashi Reddy, Rural CI Surender Reddy, Traffic CI Raju, Municipal chairman Anjaneyulu, vice–chairman Krishnaiah, officials of transport department and local councilors participated.